Transfer Fostering Agency
We have lots of experience of successfully enabling foster carers to transfer their fostering approval
How to transfer your fostering approval
Thank you for your interest in transferring your fostering approval our service.
We have considerable experience in enabling foster carers to transfer their fostering approval to our agency.
Our foster carer recruitment advice service has been designed to enable existing foster carers to fully explore
whether a move will be right for them in a confidential manner and prior to making any firm commitment to
move.We fully understand that most transferring carers have different information needs to prospective foster carers and
your enquiry will be passed to a specialist advisor who understands the queries that transferring foster carers may have.
If you decide to join our fostering service, we will work to ensure that the transfer happens as smoothly as possible and that
any existing children's placements can continue without interruption.
If you would find it helpful to speak to one of our foster carers who previously transferred from another agency to our service,
let us know and we will be happy to make the arrangements.
Reasons to transfer to our fostering service
- Join us to succeed as a foster carer and to enjoy fostering. Our foster carers succeed because their skills, hard work
and dedication are underpinned by our full on support, our close relationships with them, the care we take in getting full
information about children and our understanding of which children will be well matched with each of them.
- We are Tier 1 and preferred providers of foster placements for all of the local authorities in our wide catchment area. Our
Tier 1 status means that local authorities come to us first when they need a foster placement. This results in our agency
receiving a high level of requests for foster placements which means that our foster carers
are generally kept very busy
- We are sufficiently large as an agency to provide a comprehensive range of support services but remain small enough to provide
highly personalised support to carers.
- Our duty service is organised so that our duty staff know our foster carers well and therefore able to make
good effective matches of the children needing placements with the skills, experience and personal- household circumstances
of our available foster carers
- You will be joining a service with a long standing reputation for making good, successful matches,
for providing high quality care and for enabling our foster carers and children to achieve a a
high level of placement stability
- You will enjoy the benefits that arise from joining a service which is operated by a stable, friendly, happy, professional
work force which has many years experience of providing high quality fostering services.
The transfer process
The transfer process broadly works as follows:
- We meet with you to informally discuss your plans to move
- If you decide to transfer, we delay contacting your current agency until you have had the chance to talk with relevant staff
and managers about your plans
- We meet with your current agency to discuss and agree transfer arrangements - including the timing of your proposed move and
how to effect the transfer so that any children in placement are not disrupted or distressed by the change in agency arrangements
- One of our social workers will visit you to draft a new form F home study report. This process is likely to take less
time than before because we will need to spend less time on ensuring that you understand the fostering task if you are
- We present your report to our fostering panel to seek in principle agreement to your approval
- We agree with you and your current agency the date at which this new approval will come into effect and the date the old approval
- We confirm with you, any children in placement and their social workers that the transfer is now completed!