From our foster carers
1. Pick your battles – chose what issues you are going to deal with
2. Keep your sense of humour – vital!
3. It’s not a competition – you don’t need to compete with other foster carers
4. Don’t ever become complacent – keep on top of things
5. Tomorrow is a new beginning – even if today has been a challenge
6. It’s not personal – behaviour is not about you
7. Ask for help and advice – it will be there
8. Look after yourself
9. Get support if you need it
10. Attend practice meetings and training – it helps you to both learn and share with others.
Thanks to all foster carers who attended our Wickham practice meeting for their wise advice.