Fostering in the West Midlands
Find out about the children needing fostering across the West Midlands. Check out how you will be supported. If you live in the West Midlands and are thinking of fostering, we would really like to hear from you.
The children needing fostering in the West Midlands
The children needing fostering within the West Midlands are predominantly:
- Sibling groups of younger children
- Children age 9+ who need short term placements
- Children age 9+ who need long term/ permanent placements
- Teenagers who need to remain with foster carers until they reach independence
- Children who have mild and moderate level learning difficulties
- Children who have more complex disabilities
- Parent and Child Placements (Usually mother and child- occasionally a new father and child)
- Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking children and young people
Becoming an fp.c foster carer in the West Midlands
We are currently working to ensure that there are sufficient foster carers in the West Midlands to meet the need of every West Midlands child who needs a foster placement. This is an important goal because local placement allows children to continue at existing schools, retain contact to friends and family and in the longer run it can facilitate arrangements for a child to return to their family where this is the right plan for the child. There is currently a very significant short fall of foster carers, or all kinds, in West Midlands.
If you live in West Midlands or nearby and are thinking of fostering we would very much like to hear from you.
How our West Midlands foster carers are supported
Our West Midlands based foster carers are able to attend foster carer support groups and training at various locations in or near to West Midlands.
Our West Midlands foster carers are supported by locally based staff to ensure that they receive high level support at all times
As one of our foster carers, you will have access to a full range of support services including:
- Your own designated social worker, who will visit regularly, usually fortnightly, to provide advice, guidance and support
- Access to telephone advice and support 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- High level professional fee in recognition of your skills
- High level child maintenance allowance
- Summer holiday, Birthday and Christmas/Festival supplements
- Careful matching of children with foster carers
- Good preparation and initial induction
- Support with completing a formal induction workbook process (CWDC)
- Access to ongoing foster carer training provided by in house and specialist external trainers
- Funding for access to relevant external training
- Access to online training- e-learning
- Annual appraisal to support you to develop your skills to a higher level
- Access to respite care
- Support to develop safe and effective baby sitting and back up care arrangements
- Support groups for own children to attend- if they wish
- Workshops for young people in foster care- to support your good efforts
- Access to a psychologist for advice and support, where needed
- Free membership of Fostering Network
- Higher frequency, higher level support at the time of new placements and if/when needed
If you decide to join our team, you will be working with an agency that has consistently been accredited as an "Outstanding" Fostering Service Provider by OFSTED.
Our work with the West Midlands Councils and the West Midlands consortium of local authorities
Our fostering agency is an accredited Tier 1 and/or preferred provider of foster placements for a all of the West Midlands Consortium of Local Authorities. We have been providing foster carers for West Midlands children for over 13 years. Our Tier 1 status means that local authorities refer children to us first whenever a foster placement is needed for a West Midlands child. This means that if you live in or near West Midlands and decide to foster with our agency, you are likely to be kept very busy.
If you live in West Midlands and are thinking of fostering, we would really like to hear from you. Thank you for your interest in our West Midlands fostering service
Start your journey
Fill in the form below to request a call back with one of our friendly foster carer recruitment advisers or to be sent a fostering
information pack. You can also give us a call on (01993)
706925 or if you need more information, see our page on considering fostering.