Find out about the need for foster carers in Warwickshire. If you live in Warwickshire and are considering fostering, we would really like to hear from you.
The children needing fostering in Warwickshire
In Warwickshire, the children needing fostering are predominantly:
- Sibling groups of younger children
- Children age 9+ who need short term placements
- Children age 9+ who need long term/ permanent placements
- Teenagers who need to remain with foster carers until they reach independence
- Children who have mild and moderate level learning difficulties
- Children who have more complex disabilities
- Parent and Child Placements (Usually mother and child- occasionally a new father and child)
- Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking children and young people
Becoming an fp.c foster carer in Warwickshire
We are currently working to ensure that there are sufficient foster carers in the Warwickshire to meet the need of every Warwickshire child who needs a foster placement. This is an important goal because local placement allows children to continue at existing schools, retain contact to friends and family and in the longer run it can facilitate arrangements for a child to return to their family where this is the right plan for the child. There is currently a very significant short fall of foster carers, or all kinds, in Warwickshire.
If you live in Warwickshire or nearby and are thinking of fostering we would very much like to hear from you.
How our Warwickshire Foster Carers are supported
Our Warwickshire based foster carers are able to attend foster carer support groups and training at various locations in or near to Warwickshire.
Our Warwickshire foster carers are supported by locally based staff to ensure that they receive high level support at all times
As one of our foster carers, you will have access to a full range of support services including:
- Your own designated social worker, who will visit regularly, usually fortnightly, to provide advice, guidance and support
- Access to telephone advice and support 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- High level professional fee in recognition of your skills
- High level child maintenance allowance
- Summer holiday, Birthday and Christmas/Festival supplements
- Careful matching of children with foster carers
- Good preparation and initial induction
- Support with completing a formal induction workbook process (CWDC)
- Access to ongoing foster carer training provided by in house and specialist external trainers
- Funding for access to relevant external training
- Access to online training- e-learning
- Annual appraisal to support you to develop your skills to a higher level
- Access to respite care
- Support to develop safe and effective baby sitting and back up care arrangements
- Support groups for own children to attend- if they wish
- Workshops for young people in foster care- to support your good efforts
- Access to a psychologist for advice and support, where needed
- Free membership of Fostering Network
- Higher frequency, higher level support at the time of new placements and if/when needed
If you decide to join our team, you will be working with an agency that has consistently been accredited as an "Outstanding" Fostering Service Provider by OFSTED.
Our work with Warwickshire Social Services and the West Midlands consortium of local authorities
Our fostering agency is an accredited Tier 1 provider of foster placements for Warwickshire Council and several neighbouring local authorities. e.g Birmingham, Coventry, Warwickshire, etc. We are also accredited as preferred providers of foster placements for the wider group of West Midlands local authorities. We have been providing foster carers for Warwickshire children for over 5 years. Our Tier 1 status means that Warwickshire refers children to us first whenever a foster placement is needed for a Warwickshire child. This means that if you live in or near Warwickshire and decide to foster with our agency, you are likely to be kept very busy.
If you live in Warwickshire and are thinking of fostering, we would really like to hear from you. Thank you for your interest in our Warwickshire fostering service
Start your journey
Fill in the form below to request a call back with one of our friendly foster carer recruitment advisers or to be sent a fostering
information pack. You can also give us a call on (01993)
706925 or if you need more information, see our page on considering fostering.