The children who need fostering in Surrey
- Sibling groups of younger children
- Children age 9+ who need short term foster placements
- Children age 9+ who need long term/ permanent foster placements
- Teenagers who need to remain with foster carers until they reach independence
- Children who have mild and moderate level learning difficulties
- Children who have more complex disabilities
- Parent and Child Placements ( Usually mother and child)
Recruitment of foster carers in Surrey
If you live in Surrey and are thinking of fostering, we would very much like to hear from you.
How are Surrey foster carers are supported
Our Surrey based foster carers are supported by locally based social workers who are managed from our local fp.c office base.
Our Surrey carers are able to meet up regularly with other fp.c foster carers by attending foster carer training support groups at the Moorcroft Centre in Woking and various other locations across the county.
- Your own designated social worker, who will visit regularly, usually fortnightly, to provide advice, guidance and support
- Access to telephone advice and support 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- High level professional fee in recognition of your skills
- High level child maintenance allowance
- Summer holiday, Birthday and Christmas/Festival supplements
- Careful matching of children with foster carers
- Good preparation and initial induction
- Support with completing a formal induction workbook process (CWDC)
- Access to ongoing foster carer training provided by in house and specialist external trainers
- Funding for access to relevant external training
- Access to online training- e-learning
- Annual appraisal to support you to develop your skills to a higher level
- Access to respite care
- Support to develop safe and effective baby sitting and back up care arrangements
- Support groups for own children to attend- if they wish
- Workshops for young people in foster care- to support your good efforts
- Access to a psychologist for advice and support, where needed
- Free membership of Fostering Network
- Higher frequency, higher level support at the time of new placements and if/when needed
Our work with Surrey Local Authority and the need for local foster placements
Our fostering service has been accredited as a Tier 1 providers of foster placements for Surrey and as " outstanding" in all respects by OFSTED. Our Tier 1 accreditation as a fostering service provider means that Surrey Social Services refer children to us first when they need a foster placement for a specific child. This means our Surrey based foster carers are kept very busy.
if you think you might be able to help us achieve this important goal of ensuring there is a good foster home available locally in Surrey or nearby for every child that needs one, we will be very pleased to hear from you.