The children needing fostering in Milton Keynes
If you live in or near Milton Keynes and are thinking of fostering, we would very much like to hear from you.
The Milton Keynes children who are referred to us as in need of fostering are predominantly:
- Sibling groups of younger children
- Children age 9+ who need short term foster placements
- Children age 9+ who need long term/ permanent foster placements
- Teenagers who need to remain with foster carers until they reach independence
- Children who have mild and moderate level learning difficulties
- Children who have more complex disabilities
- Parent and Child Placements ( Usually mother and child)
If you live in North Milton Keynes, we will be able to consider placing children with you from Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Bedfordshire as children who live within Milton Keynes
Recruitment of foster carers in Milton Keynes
We regularly review whether there are sufficient foster carers within Milton Keynes to enable children needing foster carer to be placed with foster carers near to their existing schools, family and friends.
We currently need to recruit more foster carers across Milton Keynes to meet local short falls of foster carers. At the present time, there is a very significant short fall of foster placements for children in Milton Keynes. If you live in Milton Keynes and are thinking of fostering, we would very much like to hear from you.
How our Milton Keynes foster carers are supported
Our Milton Keynes based foster carers are supported by locally based social workers who are managed from our local fp.c office base.
As an agency, we place a huge amount of emphasis on ensuring our foster carers are well supported at all times. We ensure that this happens we providing each of foster carers with their own designated fp.c social worker.
If you join our Milton Keynes fostering service, we wil work to ensure that you and your foster child succeed by :
- Consulting you fully in the process of deciding whether or not a particular child will be a good "match" with you and your household
- Working to obtain and share full information about each child needing a foster placement
- Ensuring that you receive comprehensive induction training and a careful induction before you start fostering
- Ensuring you receive high level support when you first start fostering, when you take a new child into placement and if/when some extra support is needed
- Facilitating your contact with other local Milton Keynes foster carers via access locally based foster carer practice meetings and foster carer training
- providing you with access to our telephone helpline - 24 hours per day- 7 days per week
- arranging for you to have easy access to our in house clinical psychologist for advice about any special needs issues
- Providing you with regular high level fostering payments- which include a Skills Level payment - alongside the maintenance element- to recognise and value your contribution
- Providing extra funding to cover the additional costs of a child's access to play and leisure during the summer holidays
- Providing access to respite and back up care when this is needed
If you decide to join our team, you will be working with an agency that has consistently been accredited as an " Outstanding" Fostering Service Provider by
Our work with Milton Keynes Social Services
Our fostering service is accredited as a preferred provider of foster placements for Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes County Council.
We are work closely with Milton Keynes Social Services to ensure that there are sufficient foster carers in the
Milton Keynes area to meet the need for local foster placements. This is an important goal because local placement allows children to continue at existing schools, retain contact to friends and family and in the longer run it can facilitate arrangements for a child to return to their family where this is the right plan for the child.
if you think you might be able to help us achieve this important goal of ensuring there is a good foster home available locally in Milton Keynes or nearby for every child that needs one, we would really like to hear from you.
Start your journey
Fill in the form below to request a call back with one of our friendly foster carer recruitment advisers or to be sent a fostering
information pack. You can also give us a call on (01993)
706925 or if you need more information, see our page on considering fostering.