Fostering in Hampshire
Find out about the need for foster carers in Hampshire. If you are considering fostering and live in Hampshire, we really want to hear from you.
The children needing fostering in Hampshire
In Hampshire, we currently need to recruit foster carers for
- Sibling groups of younger children
- Children age 9+ who need short term placements
- Children age 9+ who need long term/ permanent placements
- Teenagers who need to remain with foster carers until they reach independence
- Children who have mild and moderate level learning difficulties
- Children who have more complex disabilities
- Parent and Child Placements (Usually mother and child- occasionally a new father and child)
Becoming an fp.c foster carer in Hampshire
We are currently working to ensure that there are sufficient foster carers in the Hampshire to meet the need of every Hampshire child who needs a
foster placement. This is an important goal because local placement allows children to continue at existing schools, retain contact to friends and
family and in the longer run it can facilitate arrangements for a child to return to their family where this is the right plan for the child. There
is currently a very significant short fall of foster carers, or all kinds, in Hampshire.
We particularly require foster carers in all of the following towns; Aldershot, Andover, Basingstoke, Eastleigh, Fareham, Farnborough, Fleet, Gosport, Havant, Petersfield, Winchester and adjoining areas, including Portsmouth and Southampton.
If you live in Hampshire or nearby and are thinking of fostering we would very much like to hear from you.
How our Hampshire foster carers are supported
Our Hampshire based foster carers are able to attend foster carer support groups and training at Theale at our North Hampshire office, at Honey's House,near Fleet, at our South Hampshire meeting venue in Wickham and various locations across Hampshire.
As one of our foster carers, you will have access to a full range of support services including:
- Your own designated social worker, who will visit regularly, usually fortnightly, to provide advice, guidance and support
- Access to telephone advice and support 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- High level professional fee in recognition of your skills
- High level child maintenance allowance
- Summer holiday, Birthday and Christmas/Festival supplements
- Careful matching of children with foster carers
- Good preparation and initial induction
- Support with completing a formal induction workbook process (CWDC)
- Access to ongoing foster carer training provided by in house and specialist external trainers
- Funding for access to relevant external training
- Access to online training- e-learning
- Annual appraisal to support you to develop your skills to a higher level
- Access to respite care
- Support to develop safe and effective baby sitting and back up care arrangements
- Support groups for own children to attend- if they wish
- Workshops for young people in foster care- to support your good efforts
- Access to a psychologist for advice and support, where needed
- Free membership of Fostering Network
- Higher frequency, higher level support at the time of new placements and if/when needed
If you decide to join our team, you will be working with an agency that has consistently been accredited as an "Outstanding" Fostering Service Provider by OFSTED.
Our work with Hampshire Social Services
We have been providing foster carers for Hampshire children for over 15 years.
Hampshire has recently decided to work with a smaller number of independent fostering agencies and our agency is now one of a small number of Tier
1 providers of foster placements for Hampshire.
We are also an accredited Tier 1 provider of foster placements for neighbouring local authorities, including the Isle of Wight, Portsmouth,
Southampton, Surrey, Berkshire and Wiltshire.
Our Tier 1 status means that Hampshire Social Services , and Social Services in these neighbouring authorities refer children to us first whenever
a foster placement is needed. This means that if you live in or near Hampshire and decide to foster with our agency, you are likely to be kept very
If you live in Hampshire and are thinking of fostering, we would really like to hear from you. Thank you for your interest in our Hampshire fostering service
Start your journey
Fill in the form below to request a call back with one of our friendly foster carer recruitment advisers or to be sent a fostering
information pack. You can also give us a call on (01993)
706925 or if you need more information, see our page on considering fostering.