The children who need fostering in Hammersmith and Fulham
In Hammersmith and Fulham, we particularly need to recruit carers for
- Sibling groups of younger children
- Children age 9+ who need short term placements
- Children age 9+ who need long term/ permanent placements
- Teenagers who need to remain with foster carers until they reach independence
- Children who have mild and moderate level learning difficulties
- Children who have more complex disabilities
- Parent and Child Placements ( Usually mother and child)
The need for more foster carers for children needing fostering in Hammersmith and Fulham
We regularly review whether is sufficient foster carers in the areas where we operate to ensure that children can be placed close to their existing schools and friendship networks.
In Hammersmith and Fulham, there is currently a short fall of available local foster placements for children of all ages.
If you live in Hammersmith and Fulham and are thinking of fostering, we would very much like to hear from you.
How our Hammersmith and Fulham foster carers and foster children are supported
If you join our Hammersmith and Fulham fostering service, we wil work to ensure that you and your foster child succeed by :
- Consulting you fully in the process of deciding whether or not a particular child will be a good "match" with you and your household
- Working to obtain and share full information about each child needing a foster placement
- Ensuring that you receive comprehensive induction training and a careful induction before you start fostering
- Ensuring you receive high level support when you first start fostering, when you take a new child into placement and if/when some extra support is needed
- Facilitating your contact with other local Hammersmith and Fulham and West London foster carers via access locally based foster carer practice meetings and foster carer training
- providing you with access to our telephone helpline - 24 hours per day- 7 days per week
- arranging for you to have easy access to our in house clinical psychologist for advice about any special needs issues
- Providing you with regular high level fostering payments- which include a Skills Level payment - alongside the maintenance element- to recognise and value your contribution
- Providing extra funding to cover the additional costs of a child's access to play and leisure during the summer holidays
- Providing access to respite and back up care when this is needed
Our fostering agency's accreditation as a Tier 1 provider by Hammersmith and Fulham Borough Council
We are Tier 1 providers of foster placements for Hammersmith and Fulham Borough Council and the neighbouring London Boroughs that form the West London Alliance Consortium of Local Authorities.
(The West London Consortium includes Barnett, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Harrow, Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster Borough Council areas).
We are currently working closely with this consortium to ensure that there are sufficient foster carers in the West London area to meet the need for local placements. This is an important goal because local placement allows children to continue at existing schools, retain contact to friends and family and in the longer run it can facilitate arrangements for a child to return to their family where this is the right plan for the child .
Our fostering service has also been rated as " outstanding" in all respects by OFSTED.
if you think you might be able to help us achieve this important goal of ensuring there is a good foster home available locally for every Hammersmith and Fulham or West London child that needs one, we will be very pleased to hear from you.