The children needing fostering in Buckinghamshire
There is currently a serious short fall of foster carers across Buckinghamshire and there are particularly large shortfalls of foster carers in Buckingham,
Aylesbury and High Wycombe.
In Buckinghamshire, we currently need to recruit foster carers for:
- Sibling groups of younger children
- Children age 9+ who need short term foster placements
- Children age 9+ who need long term/ permanent foster placements
- Teenagers who need to remain with foster carers until they reach independence
- Children who have mild and moderate level learning difficulties
- Children who have more complex disabilities
- Parent and Child Placements ( Usually mother and child)
- Children who need a foster carer who can help them to leave a children's home and return to living in a family
We also provide foster placements for children who normally reside in the local authority areas that border with Buckinghamshire.
Becoming an fp.c foster carers in Buckinghamshire
We are currently working to ensure that there are sufficient foster carers in the Buckinghamshire to meet the need of every Buckinghamshire child who needs a foster placement. This is an important goal because local placement allows children to continue at existing schools, retain contact to friends and family and in the longer run it can facilitate arrangements for a child to return to their family where this is the right plan for the child
We particularly require foster carers in all of the following towns; Aylesbury, Amersham, Beaconsfield, Buckingham, Chesham, High Wycombe and Wendover and adjoining areas - including Milton Keynes.
How our Buckinghamshire foster carers are supported
Our Buckinghamshire carers are able to meet up regularly with other fp.c foster carers by attending foster carer training and foster
carer support groups in Aylesbury and High Wycombe. ( our foster carers on the Oxfordshire- Buckinghamshire border also meet up at our Bicester training
Our Buckinghamshire based foster carers are supported by our locally based social workers.
If you join our Buckinghamshire fostering service, we will access to a full range of support services including:
- Consulting you fully in the process of deciding whether or not a particular child will be a good "match" with you and your household
- Working to obtain and share full information about each child needing a foster placement
- Ensuring that you receive comprehensive induction training and a careful induction before you start fostering
- Ensuring you receive high level support when you first start fostering, when you take a new child into placement and if/when some extra support is needed
- Facilitating your contact with other local Buckinghamshire foster carers via access locally based foster carer practice meetings and foster carer training
- providing you with access to our telephone helpline - 24 hours per day- 7 days per week
- arranging for you to have easy access to our in house clinical psychologist for advice about any special needs issues
- Providing you with regular high level fostering payments- which include a Skills Level payment - alongside the maintenance element- to recognise and value your contribution
- Providing extra funding to cover the additional costs of a child's access to play and leisure during the summer holidays
- Providing access to respite and back up care when this is needed
If you decide to join our team, you will be working with an agency that has consistently been accredited as an " Outstanding" Fostering Service Provider by OFSTED .
Our work with Buckinghamshire Local Authority and the need for local foster placements
Our fostering agency is a preferred provider/Tier 1 provider of foster placements for Buckinghamshire and neighbouring local authorities.
We have been providing foster carers for Buckinghamshire children for over 13 years.
Our preferred provider status means that Buckinghamshire Social Services refer children to us first whenever a foster placement is needed for a Buckinghamshire child. This means that if you live in or near Buckinghamshire and decide to foster with our agency, you are likely to be kept very busy.
If you live in Buckinghamshire and are thinking of fostering, we would really like to hear from you. Thank you for your interest in our Buckinghamshirefostering service.